Washington Foot & Ankle Sports Medicine is fortunate to have three of the finest physicians in the industry. Please select a doctor below and learn a little bit more about our exceptional medical staff.
LAWRENCE MAURER, D.P.M.
• Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Miami Shores, Florida, September 1995 to May 1999
• National Board of Podiatric
• University of Miami, Coral Medical Examiners, July 10, 1997
• Florida International University, Miami, Florida, September 1992 to August 1993
• University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Vocal Music, September 1988 to May 1992
• Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program, May 1998
• Health One Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center, June 1998
• Hillcrest Health Center, July 1998
• Plantation General Hospital, August 1998
• Gunderson Lutheran Medical Foundation, September 1998
• Providence Seattle Medical Center, October 1998
• Pi Delta National Podiatric Honor Society, May 1999
• Timothy Holbrook Memorial Award Of Excellence in Orthopedics, May 1999
• Clinical Podiatric Faculty Scholarships for Clinical Excellence, August 1998
• Fund for Podiatric Medical Education Scholarship, August 1998
• Fund for Podiatric Medical Education Scholarship, August 1997
• Dean’s List, Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences, spring 1996 through May 1999
• Masters Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences, June 1996
• Podiatric Merit Scholarship, Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences, fall 1995 to May 1999
• Team Podiatrist, Seattle Sounders Soccer Team, 2003-2006
• Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery, September, 2007
• Washington State License number PO710, August 2001 to present
• Kentucky State License number 249, July 1999 to August 2002
• American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, Member, 2001 to present
• American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Associate number 12689, 2002 to present
• American Podiatric Medical Association, Member number 41958, 1999 to present
• Northwest Podiatric Foundation: Lecturer
• Virginia Mason Podiatric Sports Medicine Fellowship, August 2001 to August 2002
• Kentucky Podiatric Surgical Residency Program, July 1999 to July 2001
• University of Louisville Department of Orthopaedics Trauma Service, 9 months
• University of Louisville Rotations including: Vascular Surgery, E.R. Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Rheumatology and Infectious Disease, 1 month each
• Allofix Cortical Bone Pin Fixation: A Preliminary Report on Hammertoe and Bunion Repair. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery 41(1) 23-29, 2002
• Calcaneal Suture Anchor Pullout Strength: A Comparison Between the Mitek Super Anchor and the Mitek Fastin-RC.
• The Achilles Insertion, An Anatomic Study, In progress
• Seattle Seahawks, Freelance game-day photography
• Seattle Sounders, Team photographer
• Wireimage.com, Freelance NFL photographer
• Ski Instructor: Keystone Colorado 1994 to 1996.
• Physical Fitness: Distance running, Mountain biking
• Music: Classically trained pianist, Jazz / Classical voice training
Dr. Maurer was born in Syracuse, New York.
He currently resides in a suburb of Seattle, with his wife and 2 children.