MEET THE DOCTORS
Phillip A. Shaw, D.P.M.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center. Seattle, WA
Foot and Ankle Sports Medicine Fellowship August 2016-2017
- Advanced fellowship training in foot and ankle sports medicine and surgery.
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Santa Clara, CA
Podiatric Medicine and Surgery/Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle. July 2013-2016
Chief resident 2015-2016
- Comprehensive training in podiatric medicine and surgery with reconstructive rearfoot and ankle certification. Includes Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara, Fremont, and San Leandro Medical Centers. Intensive hospital-based residency with broad experience in complex forefoot, rearfoot, and ankle reconstruction; trauma; pediatrics; and diabetic management.
- International surgical experience, Da Nang, Vietnam, May 2015
- California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University Oakland, CA
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine May 2013
- Scepter Award, for scholarship and devotion to the interests of patients.
- Highest academic and clinical ranking
- Pi Delta National Podiatric Honor Society, Epsilon Chapter
- Presidential Scholarship 2009-2013 for incoming and continued academic excellence
- Awarded Washington State Podiatric Medical Association Erickson Memorial Scholarship 2010
- Bowdoin College Brunswick, ME
B.A. Biology, minor Geology May 2008
- Cum Laude
- Board Qualified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery 2016
- Board Qualified, American Board of Podiatric Medicine 2016
Additional Personal Information
- Avid long distance runner. He has raced numerous marathons and ultramarathons, with 18 100 mile endurance run finishes including the Western States 100, Bighorn 100, Leadville 100, Tahoe Rim Trail 100 and Cascade Crest 100. He has more than 40 ultramarathon finishes, multiple course records, and is passionate about long distance running and mountain endurance sports.
- 13 time finisher Cascade Crest 100 Mile Endurance Run, Easton WA
- Marathon PR 2:33
- Dr. Shaw lives in Kirkland, WA with his wife and son. He was born and raised in Everett, WA and has strong ties to the Pacific Northwest, When not practicing podiatry, he enjoys exploring the North Cascades and Puget Sound with his family.