SurgeryPre-op Appointment Day of Surgery Post Operative Instructions Tips
You will meet with your physician within 30 days of your surgery.
• You will review your health history with your physician
• You will review your surgery with your physician
• You will receive any prescriptions for medications you will need
• You will receive appropriate paperwork for:
– Post-op care instructions
– Handicap Placard
– Scooter Rentals
• You will receive appropriate equipment for your surgery:
– Surgical boot
– Shower boot
– Freedom Leg brace
• Your physician will answer any questions that you have about your surgery.
• You will need to bring any required work release paperwork required by your employer, to be filled out by the doctor.
Your surgery time will be confirmed by the hospital or surgery center several days before your surgery. They will also give you additional pre-operative instructions.
You will need to discontinue the use of any of the following medications:
Aspirin and NSAIDs such as Motrin, Advil, Aleve, ibuprofen (please call the office if you have any questions)
You will be advised to stop eating and drinking approximately 8 hours prior to your surgery time.