Day of SurgeryPre-op Appointment Day of Surgery Post Operative Instructions Tips
– Arrive approximately 2 hours prior to the surgery to allow time to check in and prepare.
– Wear casual, comfortable clothing.
– Leave all jewelry, body piercing elements and valuables at home.
– Do not wear nail polish or makeup.
– Bring a list of your current medications and their dosages with you.
– You will meet with an anesthesiologist to discuss the anesthesia plans for your specific surgery. Most patients will have a nerve block and general anesthesia.
– You will need a driver to take you home from the hospital or surgery center.
– After surgery, you will spend 1-2 hours in recovery.